Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

HITCH HIKING ON THE ROAD OF IMAGINATION!


Tuesday, February 25, 2020

HITCH HIKING ON THE ROAD OF IMAGINATION!

Isa 26:3
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

           After publishing 3,225 of these morning devotionals, I am often hitch hiking on the road of imagination. Some mornings, like this one, find me drained of worthwhile thought. It I not that I am bereft of thoughts. No, thoughts crowd the highway like commuters late for work. You can see them shaving and brushing their teeth behind the wheel of an overheated Buick. In the fast lane, they whiz by and do not see my prominent thumb upturned and begging.

           In Mark 5, we see a formerly demonized man fully clothed and “in his right mind.” I wonder what that would be like? Mark also describes him as no longer controlled by rage and anguish. That would be nice too.

           Up ahead I can see a turnout with a shade tree and green grass. Thoughts buffet me as they pass, and I am blasted by the sand they pick up from the road. I am now focused on that place of refuge while random thoughts race by.

Phil 4:8-9
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Dear Lord, refresh my overloaded mind. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment