Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

GOD DOTH KNOW!


Sunday, February 2, 2020

GOD DOTH KNOW!

Gen 3:4-5
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

           I find it very interesting that the first to present the omniscience of the Almighty was the serpent! Adam did not know that God knew. Certainly, Eve did not know even what Adam knew because he did not fully confide in her. But Satan knew only in part. He knew what would result in man’s rebellion, but he likely did not know what would result in man’s repentance and God’s forgiveness. That knowledge was reserved to God alone.

           Lately, I seem to be travelling an unfinished road under construction. I see it as a brick road which seems to end just ahead of me. Yet, when I reach the end of the pavement, more paving stones are laid down and I am able to go a little farther. Many are the things I do not know but I know the One who knows, and that is enough.

Ps 139:4-10
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Lord, I may not know all there is to know about my way but I am glad to know the Way-Maker! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment