Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

DAFFODILS!


Monday, February 24, 2020

DAFFODILS!

Gen 8:20-22
20 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

           They’re up! I should have been expecting them, but they are a very welcome surprise. There has been so much distraction, lately, that I’ve nearly forgotten God’s promise to Noah. Seasons change just about the time we grow tired of the current one.

           February will soon give way to March, but the daffodils are eager this year and I’m glad to see them. What I like most about them is that they are unpretentious. They hide while winter has her way but at the first warm days they awaken again. Moreover, they will grow anywhere they are planted. Across the street from my office window they grace the ground of a tumbled down house. They are the only thing of beauty on that lot! God bless them.

           We need more daffodil Christians who will rest in the background until it is time for them to beautify the ugliness around them. God bless them.

Ps 90:17
17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Dear Lord, let me burst forth in praise. Let me announce renewal and beautify the ugliness around me today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment