Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

FIGHT ON!


Wednesday, February 19, 2020

FIGHT ON!

1 Cor 15:57-58
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

           In the front of my heavy, old Bible is a quote from Andrew Barton (c.1466 – August 2, 1511). It is a ballad of a man who was a “privateer” or pirate who, having a letter of marque to intercept Portuguese ships, did so.

           He was struck by an archer during a port-to-starboard battle with the ships of Sir Edward Howard and his brother Thomas. He was ultimately, and illegally, beheaded. His quote encourages perseverance and that is why I include it here.

“Fight on my men,” says Sir Andrew Barton
I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I’ll lay me down and bleed a-while,
And then I’ll rise and fight again”.”

If you are weary or wounded, rest, if you must but fight on!

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Dear Lord, encourage the hearts of the weary and wounded today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment