Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

BELIEF FOR RELIEF!


Sunday, February 16, 2020

BELIEF FOR RELIEF!

Ps 27:12-14
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

           The “land of the living” refers to the here and now! Christians are always being accused of selling “pie in the sky by-and-by” but David was talking about eating his pie right now!

           His statement in the original is an incomplete sentence. Dr. Warren Wiersbe mentions this in his commentary thusly: “His statement in verse 13 is incomplete: "If I had not believed in the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" — then what? Where would I be? David believed that God's goodness followed him (23:6) and also anticipated him (21:3), that God stored up goodness to use when it was needed (31:19). “

           Some days require more from God than others. Most days we can cast our gaze toward heaven and say to God “I’ve got this but thanks for standing by.” Other days find us surrounded by daunting challenges and our screams toward heaven sound like a fleet of ambulances! We need God and we need Him NOW.

           David concludes by giving us some good advice. Don’t give up on God! Wait on God to bring relief. Don’t make rash decisions in a time of crisis.

Dear Lord, some of my friends are going through great struggles. Be swift and timely in your relief. Let us never abandon our belief in your relief. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment