Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

THE DOOR NO MAN CAN SHUT!


Sunday, March 29, 2020

THE DOOR NO MAN CAN SHUT!

1 Cor 16:5-9
5 Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do pass through Macedonia.
6 And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may bring me on my journey whithersoever I go.
7 For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit.
8 But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.
9 For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.

Rev 3:7
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

           At the end of what seemed to be Paul’s travel plan, he mentions that a great (megas) door (thura or portal) and effectual (energized) was now open before him. Clearly, he is seeing opportunities presented by the hand of God.

           Today is Sunday but church doors are closed. That which we have taken so long for granted has been denied us. But the door of opportunity has been opened wide once again. People who have stared blankly at the needs of others now see their responsibility to be personal and not corporal. Before we expected “the church” to respond. Now we know that we are the church.

           Jesus reminded the church at Philadelphia that the keeper of the door is Jesus. When He opens, nobody can shut the door. When he closes, no man can open. Let us look carefully and see the many opportunities before us. Let us walk through those doors before they close.

Dear Lord, today, those who have had a casual approach to church, now have been given a hunger and a thirst for corporate worship. Satisfy those hungry hearts. Let us enter your gates, whatever those gates may be, with thanksgiving. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment