Pages

Monday, March 23, 2020

A TIME TO WEEP!


Monday, March 23, 2020

A TIME TO WEEP!

Eccl 3:4
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Jer 4:19-21
19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

           Jeremiah was known as “the weeping prophet” because his lot was to deliver a message of punishment for his sinful people. He did not want to deliver it and he did not want to endure it either. There was no comfort but tears.

           We are in a mess! Whether this current disruption of life is the result of sin is only speculation but it is worthy of a moment or two of personal introspection. If it is a result of sin then it is global and the God of the universe has had his fill of it. He is a tad upset and is in a bit of a rage.

           Yesterday I was forced to do something I had not done in a very long time. I stayed home from church! I was not sick nor was I upset at church leaders. I was warned to stay away from people due to a viral outbreak. I spent some time just weeping.

           God is good and merciful. We have seen Him turn his wrath aside many times. We pray He will do that again. We pray that He will look upon us with compassion and grant us healing. Please make that your prayer today.

Ps 30:4-5
4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Dear Lord of Mercy and Grace, look upon us sinners and weep for us. Forgive us our trespasses against Thee and grant us release from Thy righteous anger. May your tender mercies overrule your just anger. Turn our mourning into laughter. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment