Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

DWELLING IN SAFETY!


Saturday, March 28, 2020

DWELLING IN SAFETY!

Ps 4:6-8
6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

           The word “safety” appears in our Authorized Version 19 times. It needs little expansion of understanding because we know it means a place where danger and harm cannot penetrate.

           The Psalmist David's leaders reported to him what many of the people were saying, so he knew that there was discouragement in the ranks.
Ps 3:2-3 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. 3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

           Last night I slept eight and a half hours – nearly double my normal night’s sleep. Six is a pretty good night’s rest for me! Safety, for me, requires order first of all, understanding, supply, and confidence. Last night all that came together.

           Is there order in your life? Are you driven by a schedule that has been disrupted by unforeseen circumstances? Do things make any sense to you now? Do you have enough without having an abundance? Do you feel confident even in the midst of uncontrollable change? If so, then you probably feel SAFE.

Dear Lord, bring order out of chaos. Only then can we dwell in safety. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment