Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

NINE LITTLE WORDS!


Friday, March 20, 2020

NINE LITTLE WORDS!

Ps 51:3-4
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight:

           David’s sin was hidden for quite some time, he thought. Every nasty detail had been buried along with Uriah, the Hittite. But God knew and would hold him accountable. Ultimately David had to admit his sin.

           Is it only pride that keeps humans from acknowledging that they were wrong? Perhaps it is also the fear of retribution but I suspect pride or embarrassment is at the root of the problem. Hubris is defined as excessive pride or self-confidence. God hates pride! (Proverbs 6:16-17)

           Maybe you are waiting for an apology from someone who has wronged you. Maybe you owe a debt to someone you have wronged, but pride keeps you from saying those nine little words.

           I am sorry.
           I was wrong.
           Please forgive me.

Dear Lord, thank you for all who are willing to say those nine little words. Give me the courage to admit when I am wrong as well. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment