Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

 

Thursday, March 3, 2022


MELTED AND POURED OUT

 

Isa 48:9-10

9 For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

 

          Often, in the Bible, the trouble which God allows is likened to the process of melting gold or silver ore in a furnace. Until the pretty rock is subjected to transforming heat, it is just a rock. It is not suitable for utility or beauty. Until the fire of affliction, it is neither a tool nor an ornament.

 

          Isaiah was talking to the Jews who had come out of captivity. In verses one and two these Jews “swore by the name of the Lord, and spoke often of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.” The practical idea of verse ten seems to be “I have purified you, but not as silver is purified; for when it is purified, no dross of any kind is left behind. Had I done this with you, I should have consumed you altogether; but I have put you in the crucible of affliction, in captivity, that you may acknowledge your sins, and turn unto me.”

(From Adam Clarke's Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1996, 2003, 2005, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

 

1 Peter 4:12-13

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

 

Job 23:10

10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

 

Lord, watch carefully in my furnace until you can see yourself reflected in me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment