Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

THE INSANITY OF DISOBEDIENCE

 

Friday, March 11, 2022

 

THE INSANITY OF DISOBEDIENCE


Jonah 1:1-3

1 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,

2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.

3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

 

          If you ask me if I have ever disobeyed the Lord when I was sure of His wishes, then you are really asking me if I have ever been insane, and the answer is yes and I often am “off my meds.” There is a rationale to obedience that we often miss.

 

          To disobey means to rebel against God’s authority. We may argue that we don’t understand His commands or that those commands seem unreasonable, but the root is rebellion. This stands against at least two aspects of God’s nature and character. One is Omniscience – God knows all – and the other is Omnipotence – God is all powerful. It proves that we have fallen for Satan’s Garden lie which is that “we shall be as gods knowing (discerning between) good and evil.” (See Genesis 3:5)

 

          To disobey means that we doubt God’s goodness and benevolence. It means that we think Him to be mean spirited and capricious, acting and reacting in cruelty and in trickery. In First Kings chapter 18, Obadiah was in great distress because Elijah asked him to tell the king he was in a certain place. To paraphrase, Obadiah said: “If I tell the king you are here, then the SPIRIT will take you away and when the king comes to find you, he will kill me for lying to him.”

 

All The Way My Savior Leads Me

Fanny Crosby

 

All the way my Savior leads me

What have I to ask beside?

Can I doubt His tender mercy,

Who through life has been my Guide?

Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,

Here by faith in Him to dwell!

For I know, whate'er befall me,

Jesus doeth all things well;

For I know, whate'er befall me,

Jesus doeth all things well.

 

Dear Lord, keep me from the insanity of disobedience today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment