Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2022

HE KNOWS HOW TO DELIVER

 

Saturday, March 12, 2022

 

HE KNOWS HOW TO DELIVER

 

2 Peter 2:6-9

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

 

          Often it seems to us that God is on the wrong side of battle. Lot found himself in a similar situation as Lot who “dwelt among them, seeing and hearing their unlawful deeds.” Lot’s vision of a well-watered plain and gleaming city quickly turned into a nightmare. When a just man chooses an unjust situation vexation can be the only result.

 

          Oh, yes! God knows how to deliver, and He also knows how to intervene. It may not be according to our own schedule, but God certainly knows how. Consider the uncomfortable task of the angels who soiled their soles in the filth of Sodom to remove one family prior to destruction.

 

          When Samuel (1 Samuel 7:12) was attacked, the Lord “thundered with a great thunder” and destroyed the army of the Philistines.  Then Samuel took a great stone and called the name of it Ebenezer which means “stone of my help.”

 

2 Sam 22:2-4

2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

 

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Fanny Crosby

 

Here I raise my Ebenezer;

Here by Thy great help I've come;

And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,

Safely to arrive at home.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,

Wandering from the fold of God;

He, to rescue me from danger,

Interposed His precious blood.

 

Lord, send out arrows and thunder upon your enemies and pour grace upon those who trust in you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment