Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2022

HERE IS LOVE

 

Thursday, March 24, 2022

 

HERE IS LOVE


1 John 4:10-11

10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God loved us so [very much], we also ought to love one another.

AMPLIFIED NEW TESTAMENT

 

          How do we discern God’s love for us? Is it because of all the THINGS we have received at His hand? Wouldn’t that make us materialistic at the least or self-focused at the worst? Maybe you haven’t noticed, but God is shouting His love in discernable ways. Pay attention.

 

          Love is not necessarily an emotion. If it were, God could simply sit enthroned with his chin in His hand cooing over us like a dove. No, love is an ACTION that produces an emotional response. I know, you are probably thinking that love is mysterious and perhaps even chemical, and the Greeks might agree because their language contained MULTIPLE words that were translated LOVE. The Greek language had a word for friendship, romance, and even erotic love.

 

          God’s love is demonstrated by the action taken to remedy our sin situation. He sent His Son to be the one and only satisfying sacrifice for our sin. It appeased the righteous requirements of a Holy God and brought us into a welcoming relationship with a God who hated our sin but desired to love us anyway.

 

John 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. KJV

 

Loving Lord, thank you for giving me so many signals of your love. Help me to see and sense those signals and never miss them. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment