Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

BRIGHTEN UP

 

Sunday, March 27, 2022

 

BRIGHTEN UP

 

Ps 122:1

122 A Song of degrees of David. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

KJV

 

          It is Sunday again, and my wife and I could not be more excited! Today we install and welcome our new pastor. Oh, we had more-than-adequate support staff and two wonderful interims but today we celebrate God’s gift to our church. Ephesians 4:11 is clear when it confirms that shepherd-teachers are gifts.

 

          The meaning of the word GLAD, in our text, is “to brighten up; to be blithe [happy or joyous] or gleesome.” Is that what church does to your mood? I am energized by my church fellowship.

 

          In 1914, Rufus H. McDaniel wrote a happy hymn that has, unfortunately, faded into church history. Perhaps we should dust it off and sing it with a smile.

 

Since Jesus Came Into My Heart

 

What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought

Since Jesus came into my heart;

I have light in my soul for which long I have sought,

Since Jesus came into my heart.

 

Refrain:

Since Jesus came into my heart,

Since Jesus came into my heart;

Floods of joy o’er my soul like the sea billows roll,

Since Jesus came into my heart.

 

Dear Lord, make your praise glorious in your house today. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment