Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

O LORD; IN THE MORNING!


Thursday, May 7, 2020

O LORD; IN THE MORNING!

Ps 5:1-3
5 Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. 3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

           I love the mornings! Usually they begin at a slow and quiet pace. The sun peers over the hazy horizon and rubs the sleep from her eyes. She then smiles a genuine smile without makeup. There is almost a romantic aura to mornings.

           In the morning thoughts are dumped out to be sorted as to kind and quality. Displayed before God, some are discarded as unworthy while others are held in lingering contemplation. The Psalmist called it meditation.

           God is near in the mornings and alert to my needs even if they are not expressed. I am free to be real, open, and there is no need or desire to deceive. I am forgiven, adopted, and welcome in His house. We can talk without words.

           Prayer is easier in the morning. Perhaps because most of the creation is still asleep. There is no clamor! The deepest burdens of my heart – often unknown even to myself – are laid bare before a kind and understanding God.

           Good morning, child of God! Tell Him all your cares leftover from yesterday. Share your dreams of today and tomorrow. Snuggle, like John, upon his breast and feel his breath on your neck.

Thank you, Lord, for the mornings we share together. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment