Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

ACQUAINTED WITH GRIEF!


Wednesday, May 20, 2020

ACQUAINTED WITH GRIEF!

Isa 53:3
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

           Isaiah gives us a prophetic snapshot of the life of Messiah, Jesus. John confirms in John chapter 1 that He was despised and rejected. Christ’s life of sorrow began immediately. He was born under a cloud of questions and hunted by a lunatic king. He was a refugee who was well acquainted with physical distress and emotional pain. Whatever pain we may suffer, He is experienced in that suffering.

           Jesus healed whenever He could but it took a toll on Him. He healed a woman who secretly touched the hem of His rob,e but it stopped him in His tracks and he said: “Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.” (Luke 8:46) The word “virtue” is dunamis which is the same word used for “power” in the book of Acts. This poor lady literally was draining Jesus’ battery!

           I am grieving. I’m sorry to disillusion you if you think I should be stronger than that. I’m not. Some of my friends have lost loved ones. One of my good friends has died. Something akin to anger lingers in me and I can’t find the cause nor the cure. Sometimes it boils to a rage and overflows my eyes.

           I try to remind myself that, when Jesus finished a hard day or before he started one, He removed himself from people and prayed. I suppose I should copy that practice and so should you. The world is a painful and angry place. Let us find peace in Jesus.

Matt 11:28
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Dear Lord, let me say yes to your offer to carry my burdens. They are pretty heavy right now, Lord. Thanks. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment