Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

LIFE WITHOUT PERMISSION!


Monday, May 4, 2020

LIFE WITHOUT PERMISSION!

1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Cor 7:23
23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

           I have plans! I have wonderful, dreamy, exciting, and elaborate plans. I think we all have these plans, but for the believer, those plans must be approved by the Master.

           I have a Master! He has purchased me with his own blood (Hebrews 9:12 and 13:12). This elaborate price was paid for my soul to guarantee my place in heaven, but more than that, this ghastly price was paid to rescue me from the actions and reactions of sin. My life not only has a wonderful ending, but it now has a vastly different quality. Clean instead of dirty! Honor instead of dishonor! Purpose instead of randomness and uselessness.

           I have a choice! I can submit to this kind and benevolent Master or I can rebel. There is no neutral ground. I cannot be indifferent to such a Master and I cannot be casual and careless about such a terrible price.

Heb 10:28-29
28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Dear Lord, gently remind me that I am not my own. Remind me of the price that was paid not only for my heavenly home but for my earthly peace. Let me serve you willingly and joyfully. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment