Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2020

I WAS GLAD!


Sunday, May 3, 2020

I WAS GLAD!

Ps 122:1
122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

           Warren Wiersbe provides a bit of background for this one-of-a-kind verse. He comments: “Nothing is said here about a pilgrimage, although this psalm is placed among the "Songs of Ascent." David lived in Jerusalem and had to go but a short distance to reach the tent and the ark. Though he lived in the holy city, David did not take this privilege for granted, for he had a heart for God and for God's house.” The kingdom was secure and stable, but the Temple had not yet been built. The Ark of God still sat in the same tent that crossed the desert.

           Today we cautiously return to church after two months of quarantine from a pandemic. Opinions are abundant regarding the pandemic and our response to it, but one thing is firm in my mind and that is that I am GLAD to be able to return to church.

           Look at how readily we abandoned our fundamental right to assemble and to pray! Ah, but that which we lightly esteemed grows in value once it is taken away. I AM GLAD to return to the house of the Lord.

Ps 27:4-5
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Dear Lord, comfort those who can not or choose not to return to worship so early. Bless those who assemble with safety. May today be the opening of a new era of worship. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment