Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

IN HIS PRESENCE!


Saturday, May 2, 2020

IN HIS PRESENCE!

Ps 16:11
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

           The word “presence” is found 116 times in our English Bible. The very first time we see it is in the Garden of Eden after man ate the forbidden fruit. Adam hid himself from the presence of the Lord (Genesis 3:8). When we think about Who and What God is, it is curious to think that we could ever escape His Presence.

Ps 139:8-10
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

           There is a sense that God allows us our privacy even while constantly watching us. Friendship and fellowship with God are always available if we want it. If we ignore it we miss innumerable blessings but if we seek after God the benefits are enormous.

John 15:14-15
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends.

Dear Lord, I can’t run from you, but I can run TO you and, when I do you are always ready to receive me as a friend. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment