Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

QUALITIES OF THE OVERCOMER!


Wednesday, July 31, 2019


QUALITIES OF THE OVERCOMER!

Ps 84:5-7
5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

           There are some who allow the circumstances of their life to crush them beneath the weight. They are overwhelmed! Still others suffer the same blows and bear up courageously. They overcome! What is the difference?

1. The Overcomer draws his strength from God!

2 Cor 12:9
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Ps 28:8
8 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.

2. The Overcomer is fully committed to his God!

Isa 26:9
9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

James 1:6
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Ps 57:7
7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: [nailed down] I will sing and give praise.

3. The Overcomer makes bad things better!

Ps 84:6
6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

The word for Baca is “mourning” or “the valley of weeping.” They dig a well in the dry places. God turns their journey into joy and all around them drink.

4. The Overcomer grows stronger and stronger!

Like the athlete who strains at his training, the discipline becomes easier and easier to bear.

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Isa 40:30-31
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Dear Lord, we are told to pray “lead us not into temptation” but if into temptation we are led – give us strength, wisdom and endurance. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment