Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

ONE TO ANOTHER!



Friday, July 26, 2019

ONE TO ANOTHER!

Eph 5:21-28
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

           Today is my 51st wedding anniversary! I can hardly remember not being married but I can remember the first time I saw my bride. She was playing the organ at a church I was visiting for the first time. I was standing at the rear entrance and probably staring at the sight I saw. Instantly smitten, I asked her name. Oh, I thought, she will never pay any attention to me! How will I ever win this choice beauty? Now, after so long a time, I am still amazed that she agreed to be my wife.

           Marriage is a fireworks show that settles into a soft crackling fireplace and a good book. Both of us understand the treasure that is ours. Both of us understand the responsibilities that come with a relationship. It may be as simple as taking out the trash on a timely basis or it may be as serious as being “the savior of the body!” I would give my life for hers and I think she would do the same for me.

           Marriage is an exercise in unselfishness! It is a challenge to narcissism and provides a daily laboratory for selfless service. Practiced regularly, it becomes second nature. Neglected often enough and it can become a real problem.

Gen 2:24
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Dear Lord, strengthen the marriages within my flock and remind us all of this great treasure. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment