Pages

Friday, July 19, 2019

ATTRITION AND RETENTION!


Friday, July 19, 2019

ATTRITION AND RETENTION!

Luke 15:4
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

1 Peter 5:7
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

           Many years ago I talked to an insurance salesman who told me that he had to constantly sell more and more policies to offset attrition. Attrition is that gradual wearing away of his clientele. I thought it somewhat cold because I am also concerned with retention! If you are dealing with souls instead of customers, it becomes critically important!

           When Jesus asked “what man of you,” he was pointing out that some shepherds might simply count his ninety-nine sheep and be grateful. However, Jesus could not be satisfied until that one lost sheep was found and returned. 

           Peter reminds us that God cares for us. The idea is that God always has His eye on us! Sheep have a tendency to go astray, and that is why they need a shepherd! Earlier, Peter reminds us of this very thing.For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.” 1 Peter 2:25.

           To we who stray and enjoy our wandering, this is aggravating because we don’t want an eye constantly watching, but for those of us who are lost and feel our lostness, we are grateful.

Ps 38:21-22
21 Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Lord, I am a shepherd and there are some who are straying. I see them, although they do not know it. Help me to rescue them. Lord, I also am a sheep and have my own wandering ways. Never take your eye off me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment