Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2019

ENDURING HARDSHIP!


Saturday, July 13, 2019

ENDURING HARDSHIP!

Job 23:10
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

           Job is our model for misery! He is also our model for faithfulness. Every difficulty we face causes us to remember his unbelievable suffering. We compare our pain to his and somehow it makes us feel better.

           Everyone is enduring something! For some it is insufferable loneliness caused by advancing age or the loss of a loved one. Others battle the pain of injury or disease. Still others battle self-doubt. Everyone is enduring something.

           James was in awe of Job and recommended “endurance!” James 5:11 “Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” The Greek word for “endure” is hupomeno and literally means “to remain under.”

Ps 30:10-12
10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Dear Lord, be merciful unto your people because everyone is enduring something personal and painful. Turn our mourning into dancing so that we may sing praises unto Thee. AMEN

1 comment: