Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

WHAT WONDERFUL LUCK

 

Friday, January 13, 2023

 

WHAT WONDERFUL LUCK

 

Prov 16:33

33 The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.

 

          Today is (knock-on-wood) Friday the 13th and you know what that means. It means that bad luck is believed to be everywhere and that this day, more than other days, caution is essential. Well, The Bible has another view.

 

          Evil is a real thing. There was a rebellion inn heaven and later a foolish decision in the garden and everything was damaged. Lucifer’s followers were cast out of heaven and are now known as demons. Man and his wife were cast out of the garden and suddenly there were thorns and hardship.

 

          What we call luck is really the working of God in our lives and I am a very lucky guy. In 1966 I was a high school graduate who was convinced that I would never, never mind you, find a wife. I was ugly, I thought, and had no female friends. But I got lucky. I was married in 1968 and was a father by 1970. Now, 54 years later, I am still a very lucky guy.

 

Dear Lord, when I count my winnings, I know that YOU are in charge. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment