Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

HOW GOD DEALS WITH EVIL

 

Friday, January 6, 2023

 

HOW GOD DEALS WITH EVIL

 

Matt 2:13-15

13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. (A reference to Numbers 11:1)

 

          I think too much, or so I’ve been told, but I’m sure God sees things much differently than I. For instance, if I had a son, an only son, who was in peril of a king. I would simply eliminate that king. God, on the other hand, spared Herod and made Jesus a refugee while allowing Herod to continue on his way till death. That is so not Ron. Herod would have died publicly, horribly, miserably, and multiple times if possible. God simply removed his Son from danger, quietly, and without any fanfare.

 

          When God does decide to impose judgement and wrath, He removes his people. He did so when Noah plus 7 were spared from the flood. He did it again when Lot and his two daughters were removed from Sodom just before the fire fell. In that regard, God is somewhat unpredictable in His dealing with evil.

 

          On the one hand, God seems to deal with evil in a linear fashion so as to not disrupt the natural order of things as they speed toward destruction. On the other hand, we see Him deal with evil firmly and Personally. Ultimately there will be a true accounting and final payment required of evil. It won’t be pretty.

 

          The FALL has made us many things and one of those things is STUPID. When God acts, He does so intelligently, understanding the end from the beginning. If we could step back a bit, and watch God work in our lives, it would at the very least be amusing and perhaps even enjoyable although while we are in the midst of it all we suffer pain. I suspect there are some who disagree, but I will give you time to make adjustments to that opinion.

 

Gen 50:19-21

19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?

20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

21 Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

 

Dear Lord, let me, like Joseph, see the bigger picture. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment