Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE

 

Sunday, January 15, 2023

 

I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE

 

John 14:1-3

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

          Except for Psalm 23, this is the best known and love portion of Scripture during times of distress. Many people can quote at least the first part which is “Let not your heart be troubled.”

 

          In what sense did Jesus mean that he would prepare a place? Some propose that the word prepare is a carpenters or builders term because Jesus was a carpenter on earth. The word is hetoimazo which means “to make ready.” There are at least three things that should be considered according to Jamieson, Faucet, and Brown.

          First, Jesus was going on ahead to secure their right to be in this place. Second, Jesus would take passion of this place in their name and, third, He would return to personally conduct them safely to this place. So, we see: “I’m going, I’m preparing, and I’m coming back for you.”

Dear Lord, thank you for this precious promise. Please repair and restore my firm confidence in you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment