Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

UNAWARES!


Friday, January 10, 2020

UNAWARES!

Heb 13:2
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Greek word for our old English “unawares” is lanthano and it means “to lie hid.” While our text specifically refers to angels, we can broaden the scope to include any activity of God which we often perceive as “normal” but which are actually miracles. They are no less miraculous because we fail to see them as such. Let me suggest a few ordinary miracles.

My wife! I’m up but she is still sleeping. Ladies do not snore, they whiffle! After nearly 52 years of marital bliss, I still think of the miracle of her love for me. I still remember the first time she uttered the words “I love you.” It was miraculous! Loving her was not only immediate but it was easy. She was godly and she was beautiful. God had caused our paths to cross and I had discovered my perfect mate.

Timing! The conjunction of more than one improbable event may just be a miracle. The combination of WHAT and WHEN certainly is suspicious. We look around for some indication that Heaven had invaded Earth momentarily. Perhaps a feather! When we investigate, we discover that God is very busy in our lives.

Friendships! Clarence, the Christmas angel in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” convinced George Bailey that “no man is a failure who has friends.” Our friendships are more than we usually count. This is wonderful indeed.

Ps 91:11-12
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Dear God of Angel Armies, thank you for the unseen surplus of warriors, providers, and companions. I am surrounded by answers to prayers yet unspoken. Thank you, Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment