Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

DUTY – DILIGENCE – INTEGRITY!


Monday, January 20, 2020

DUTY – DILIGENCE – INTEGRITY!

2 Peter 1:10
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

           Can a believer forget that he has been saved? Can the redemption of their poor soul by the blood of the everlasting Sacrifice simply slip their mind? Can they become so distracted by the world and their own flesh that they develop spiritual amnesia? This was the condition Peter described in 2 Peter 1:9.

           Peter recommends “diligence” which is from the Greek spoudazo which means “to use speed, i.e. to make effort, be prompt or earnest.” For some reason I get a picture of Sgt. Carter walking along a smiling Pvt. Gomer Pile. Gomer is slow, out of step, and could care less.

           The kind of integrity that God saw in Job 2:3 is from the Hebrew word tummah which means innocence. Our dictionary says that integrity is the state of being honest and having moral principles. It also means to be whole and undivided. The words goodness and firmness come to mind.

           Harry Ironside asks the question: “If the God who created me and redeemed me does not consider it beneath His notice to instruct me concerning my behavior in the family, my place in society, and my methods in business. All are under His eye; and if I act in accordance with the book of Proverbs, I shall “behave myself wisely, in a perfect way,” in every relationship of life.”

Prov 1:7&10
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Dear Lord, today let me do my duty with both diligence and integrity. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment