Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

THE CONFLICT OF FLESH AND SPIRIT!


Wednesday, January 22, 2020

THE CONFLICT OF FLESH AND SPIRIT!

Gal 5:16-17
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Rom 7:15
15 For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled, bewildered]. I do not practice or accomplish what I wish, but I do the very thing that I loathe [which my moral instinct condemns].
AMPLIFIED

           Why do we have such a difficult time living the spiritual life and obeying God’s wishes? When such an one as Paul had conflict, how can we hope to do better? The fact is that every believer experiences this struggle. We want to serve God but we yield to the longings and desires of the flesh instead. It is so frustrating that Paul groaned, “O wretched man that I am!”

Paul does not mean "the body." The human body is not sinful; it is neutral. If the Holy Spirit controls the body, then we walk in the Spirit but if the flesh controls the body, then we walk in the lusts (desires) of the flesh. The Spirit and the flesh have different appetites, and this is what creates the conflict. (Warren Wiersbe)

A crucifixion is necessary to solve the problem. Paul describes it in  Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Perhaps that is what happened to Enoch of old! Perhaps he became so spiritual that the flesh just fell away. All we know is what the Bible tells us.And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” Gen 5:24

Dear Lord, like Paul, I sense the struggle of the two natures. One is rebellious and sensual while the other has a great desire to connect with you and walk with you. Please capture me and hold me today. I yield myself to your control. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment