Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2020

RELENTLESS LOVE!


Sunday, January 5, 2020

RELENTLESS LOVE!

Ps 139:3-6
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

This portion of this Psalm is one of my favorites. It perfectly describes the relentless love that God has shown to this undeserving and rebellious sinner. I did not chase after an elusive God who darted away just as I reached for Him. No, the God who loves me, chased me to the darkest corners of my world so that He could bring me to the light.

The word for “beset” in verse five is the Hebrew word tsuwr [tsoor] which means “to cramp; to confine.” Like a rat in a maze, I ran from the terror of a God who knew me all too well. He then closed my retreat from behind. I was hemmed in left and right and then He slammed the door in front of me. Finally, He laid the palm of his hand over me. I was caught and my only option was surrender.

“Suh knowledge is too wonderful for me.” What benefit could God derive from me? Yet, he regarded me as His own peculiar treasure and paid a high price to obtain me as His own. I was chosen and pursued until I finally chose Him.

Job 23:8-10
8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: 9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Lord, I can’t understand what you saw in me that made you love me so but I am glad you pursued me relentlessly. Don’t let me run far from you because I am still prone to run away. Thank you for loving me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment