Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2020

STORING UP WRATH!


Saturday, January 4, 2020

STORING UP WRATH!

Rom 2:4-5
4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

The Greek word for “hardness,” in verse five, is sklerotes which literally means “a callous.” Here the subject has done wrong, has been rebuked, yet continues on his or her way. The blows of rebuke and retribution still land but they no longer feel them. They have become hardened.

The Greek word for the old English word “treasurest” is thesaurizo which means “to amass or to hold in reserve.” When I was a child, my mother would sometimes give me a stern look and say simply “Keep it up!” It was a warning and not an encouragement to do wrong. It meant that I deserved a whipping at that very moment and if I continued my wrong doing I would surely get one.

If you walk away from God, stop reading your Bible, stop praying, stop attending church, and begin to do wrong, God will probably not slay you. But you need to know that you are storing up wrath against that day when wrath will be dispensed to those who deserve it.

Eccl 8:11
11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Isa 55:7
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Lord, remove the callouses from my hardened heart and let me experience your goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering. Let me enjoy your company today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment