Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

WORSHIP WILL REMAIN



WORSHIP WILL REMAIN!

1 Chron 15:15-16
15 And the children of the Levites bare the ark of God upon their shoulders with the staves thereon, as Moses commanded according to the word of the Lord .
16 And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.

           I’m a preacher but one day I will cease to preach. I am to be an evangelist but one day the need for those services will end. I am a missionary but one day there will be no foreign field to reach. I am a pastor but one day all the sheep will be under one mighty shepherd. One day all necessity and opportunity for outreach service will end. I sing base in my church choir and that joyful privilege will go on forever.

           The appointment of singers and musicians demonstrates the importance and permanence of worship. Then, in heaven, a heightened form of worship will rise. Our voices, aided by the one we worship, will not slip to either flat or sharp. Our hearts, covered by the blood and released from earthly bondage will exalt the Savior. In heaven we will all be singers!

Ps 13:5-6
5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Oh, Lord, put into my heart a melody and let me sing in harmony with my brothers and sisters. Let me sing your praises today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment