Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

RACING THE CLOCK



RACING THE CLOCK!

Eph 5:15-17
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

           Paul sensed it and tried to instill a sense of urgency in the people of Ephesus. Jesus certainly understood the race against the clock when He said in the Garden: “What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matt 26:40-41

           Teachers sense it but drill sergeants probably sense it more keenly. Raw recruits with trendy clothes and haircuts must be reshaped into soldiers. I feel it too. Tick Tock! My time as teacher and leader is limited. There is a race against that inevitable time when I must announce to some Timothy that “I have fought a good fight and have finished my course.” I wonder if the instructor ever feels confident in the learners! It is that serious.

           Was I ever as uncommitted as I feel some are? Probably! I was as lazy as I dared to be, distracted by glitz and glitter, and weak in resolve. I did not change until my heart broke and even now the struggle continues.

           What is my hope then? It is the powerful, personal, and formative nature of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Listen to the encouragement of Jesus when he said: “when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” John 16:13

Ps 71:18
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

Dear Lord, make me a good teacher and help me to impact the next generation. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment