Pages

Friday, June 30, 2017

I CAN'T LOSE FOR WINNING



I CAN’T LOSE FOR WINNING!

Read: Acts 12:6-17

Acts 12:11
11 And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

           Peter had lost. He was chained between two soldiers. It was impossible for him to break free. But Peter had a key and that key was the prayers of the church. Only one angel was dispatched to release Peter and refresh the church but he was enough.

           How many times would we have lost if God had not intervened? Peter thought he was dreaming! Nudged in the ribs by a glimmering angel in the middle of the night! It must be a dream. He dressed himself and put on his shoes still sleepy-eyed. Now he suddenly finds himself in an alley outside the prison. What just happened? It must be a dream!

           It wasn’t until verse 11 that Peter became fully awake. The angel had gone and he decided to go to a prayer meeting to give a praise report. Rhoda came to the gate and was so amazed to see Peter that she didn’t open it. Instead she reported to the praying church that their prayers had been answered. They responded with disbelief. Ah! Disbelief among those praying. I suspect it happens often.

           Are you in trouble? Does it seem you are losing the fight? Are you chained to impossible circumstances? Do you have any idea how many of your Christian friends are praying for you? Friend, if you are a believer, you can’t lose for winning.

Ps 73:24
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Dear Lord, I walk sleepy-eyed through life often feeling like a loser but there are unnumbered friends praying for me and angels standing ready to relieve me of my distresses. Why, I can’t lose for winning! Thank you Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment