Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

MOSES' THREE REQUESTS



MOSES’ THREE REQUESTS!

The true believer’s heart can’t be satisfied with the hog pen husks of this world’s philosophy. No, the true believer’s heart never rests until it has feasted on the milk and meat of the Word. It longs for the manna from heaven. Moses throughout his long life consistently asked God for three things.

Ex 33:13-18
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

1. SHOW ME YOUR WAYS! Unlike Moses, our minds are often focused on how we may improve our position, pamper our comfort or preserve our safety. God wants us to understand that His ways are unlike our own.

Isa 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

2. SHARE WITH ME YOUR PRESENCE! If one of the horrible aspects of hell is separation of the soul from God then it is a little bit of hell to not sense His presence. Moses did not want to lead these people alone. He knew the task at hand was a God sized challenge and, frankly, he wasn’t up to it. Better not to start such a job without the presence of God.

Ex 33:14
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

King David prayed…Ps 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.


3. SHOW ME THY GLORY! That God keeps Himself invisible is a benefit to us now. He said “no man hath seen God” and that no flesh could see Him in all His glory and still live. Yet, it is the great desire of our spirit to behold His glory.

Rev 1:13-17
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I [John] saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Oh, yes! We shall see Him but when we see Him we will be like Him; that is we shall not be flesh but spirit.

“And Lord, haste the day when our faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll.
The trump shall resound – and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.”

Dear Lord, show me your ways – share with me your presence – and give me today a glimpse of your glory! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment