Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

NUMBER ONE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST



NUMBER ONE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST!


           Maybe it’s all the birthdays, but I have actually received calls from casket manufacturers trying to sell me my final bed! Of all the telemarketers, these are the most unsettling. What’s up with these people? If I bought a casket where would I store it? I hardly have room for the riding mower!

           Not long ago there was been a movie made about two men in a hospital room. Both are told they would die so they write out their “bucket list,” a list of things they want to do before they “kick the bucket.” I suppose there are any number of things that should be considered before one “passes” if we only had some clue as to how much time we had left. We don’t.

John Baptist was in a prison in Jerusalem because he dared challenge the morals of King Herod “for John had said unto Herod, it is not lawful for thee to have thy brother’s wife.” (Mark 6:18) John knew it would not end well for him. He knew his life’s purpose and he had performed his assignment faithfully. It was time to go but one item of utmost importance plagued his mind. Had it all been for nothing? Was Jesus who he claimed to be?

Matt 11:2-3
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

           Here is one thing to put at the top of your “bucket list.” Find out who Jesus is! Make your calling and election SURE! With all your heart pray: “God, I thank you for loving me. Thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to die for me. I acknowledge my sins and repent of them. Please come into my heart and be my Savior. I give you control of the rest of my life.”

Dear Lord, because we can not know what tomorrow holds, help us to make sure to know the One who holds tomorrow. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment