Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

EVER FELT REJECTED?



EVER FELT REJECTED?

1 Sam 8:7
7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

           It was just a silly dream but the emotion was real. In the dream, I had been invited to an event by a friend and member of a club. He assured me that I would be welcomed as his friend and guest. When this was explained to the chairman of the group, he responded with a snooty, small town elitist comment. “Not hardly!” Bam! I had been rejected and the welcome mat yanked from beneath my feet. I immediately felt this rejection. It was only a dream but the feeling was real.

           The word “rejected” is found 29 times in 26 occurrences in the Authorized text. The first time it is used is when Israel requested an autocracy to replace their unique theocracy. They wanted to be ruled by a king instead of the King of Kings. Samuel was offended but God told him to not take it personally because they had not rejected him but God himself.

           The word “rejected” is the Hebrew word ma’ac which means “to spurn; to abhor; to cast away; to refuse utterly.” In Isaiah 53:3 the word is chadel which means “to make destitute.”

           Jesus promised never to reject anyone who comes to him.All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37

Dear Lord, in this world we are often rebuffed and rejected. Thank you that I will not be rejected by you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment