Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

STRENGTH FOR EVERY DAY!


Thursday, April 25, 2019

STRENGTH FOR EVERY DAY!

Deut 33:25
25 Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.

           We borrow this blessing from Asher, whose name means prosperous, and apply it to ourselves today. The idea is that he should never see weakness or feebleness and that he would receive strength equal to each day no matter what that day should bring.

           I love travel! I hate travel! Both of those statements are true! I guess the collision of those truths would mean that I do not travel well. If you condense them you might say that I am a spoiled but adventurous homebody. It’s complicated.

           Currently, the airport from which I departed is flooded but that surely does not compare with Saint Paul’s travels. “thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; 2 Cor 11:25.

           So, we borrow Asher’s blessing for today and reinforce it with God’s promise to the writer of Hebrews. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Heb 13:5

Dear Lord, we ask for thy strength today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment