Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP!


Wednesday, April 10, 2019

CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP!

Rom 1:11-12
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

           Christian fellowship consists of more than a potluck. It is founded upon a longing to be near another believer so that feelings, ideas, opinions, problems and encouragement can be shared. Fellowship is a big deal and, when we neglect it, we rob ourselves and others of a rich blessing.

           Paul wanted to share some spiritual gift. At first glance this appears to be a prideful statement; as if he alone held these gifts and distributed them at his pleasure. A deeper look sees that Paul understood that gifts were exchanged during Christian fellowship. The purpose is that we might be established. The Greek word for “established” is sterizo and means “to turn resolutely in a certain direction.”

           Is there someone on your mind and heart today? Do you long to impart unto them some spiritual gift and to receive one in return? Is there someone that needs to be turned resolutely in a certain direction? Do you need the fellowship of a strong Christian friend to help keep you on track? Fellowship is love!

John 15:15
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Dear Lord, let there be fellowship between me and my friends. Let me impart and receive from them some spiritual blessing. Let each of us be turned resolutely in a certain direction. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment