Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

HOW ARE YOU FEELING?


Monday, April 8, 2019

HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Phil 4:10-13
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

           How are you feeling? We most often hear this in a hospital where the sick are being treated for their ills but the idea of feelings has many meanings. What would it mean to ask a healthy person how they are feeling? Are you tired, excited, anxious, angry, or disappointed? Are you calm, quiet, and contented? Paul had learned to be content.

           Paul’s feeling of contentment was not based on his resources. He had experienced fullness and emptiness. He had felt the sting of cold and the burning of heat. His bed had been at one time soft and at another time hard. Contentment was not about feelings. It was about faith.

           Paul had considered himself dead with Christ. His life was a result of Christ’s resurrection. The energy and supply was dependent on Jesus. (Galatians 2:20)

           Give your feelings to God! That’s right. Give God your anger, anxiety, and frustration over things you can’t control. Let God have control. He is not only trustworthy but kind.

Heb 13:5-6
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Dear Lord, let me not be frustrated with the duties and interruptions of the day. Give me the contentment that comes from trusting you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment