Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

OUR FADING MORALITY!



OUR FADING MORALITY!

2 Chron 7:13-14
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

John 4:17-18
17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

           Cohabitation instead of marriage is becoming the norm. The woman at the well had tried marriage five times before she simply decided to skip it. Illegitimate births for all Americans have risen from 26 percent in 1990 to 41 percent today “and could be headed higher.” Among Hispanics, illegitimacy is 53 percent, among blacks it’s 73 percent, and among whites it has risen to a shocking 29 percent.

           Jesus honored marriage by performing His first miracle at a wedding at Cana in Galilee. It might even be said that God performed the first wedding by bringing the newly formed Eve to the amazed Adam and then told them to be fruitful, to multiply and to fill the earth. It is clear by even a casual perusal of the Bible that children should be born into families. The shocking way that we are ignoring God must eventually be met with stern consequences.  Yet, His promise is that when we sincerely turn to Him and pray that He would “hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Dear Lord, listen to your children praying. Grant to us a cleansing for our heart and a healing for our land. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment