Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

LONGSUFFERING!



LONGSUFFERING!

Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

           Please notice that the individual fruits of the spirit are organized into three clusters of three each. The first three: love, joy, and peace travel together. When a person experiences the love of God there is a strong feeling of joy. This spiritual optimism keeps him going in spite of difficulties. Love and joy together produce peace.

           The next three qualities are expressed toward others. Warren Wiersbe defines longsuffering as “courageous endurance without quitting.” If you have ever been in an uncomfortable situation that seemed to have no solution then you have identified the “suffering” part of longsuffering. If this situation seemed endless with no solution in sight then you know what LONG suffering is all about.

           The Greek makrothumia indicates forbearance and fortitude. It is the ability to endure while waiting. It is the confidence to know that God will, in His own time, work all things out.

Rom 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ps 130:5-6
5 I wait for the Lord , my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Dear Lord, If I must suffer, let me be longsuffering as I wait on you. I am glad that this is a fruit of your Spirit and not of my flesh. Thank you Lord! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment