Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

THERE IS LIFE IN THE SEED!


THERE IS LIFE IN THE SEED!


James 5:7
7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Luke 8:11
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.


          I’m not a farmer but I am more familiar with the dirt of the country than the steel and glass of the city. Sometimes I forget the most basic aspects of farming are hard work, persistence and patience. Planting seed is costly, tiring and, at the end of the day, seems to have done no good. To the casual observer, the buried seed seems to be a loss – but there is life in the seed.

          I’ve been preaching for forty-two years and I am just now seeing seed planted long ago sprout and produce fruit. Many seemed to not be listening when I planted the seed of the Word, but the seed nestled into a spot prepared by the Holy Spirit and began to grow.

          I am constantly being reminded to never give up on anyone. God is still God and the Word of God is alive and powerful. Just as the tiny seed can lift and break the giant stone, so the seed of truth will not be denied. Lately I am seeing seed bring forth fruit which I thought was long ruined. Praise the Lord!


Ps 92:13-14
13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord  shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;


Dear Lord, remind us that the harvest begins with the words “a sower went forth to sow!” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment