Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

SO BLESSED I BLUSH!


SO BLESSED I BLUSH!


Prov 28:20
20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings…

Ps 68:19
19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Ezek 34:26
26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.

Ps 139:17-18
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand…


          Lately God has been blessing me so much that I’m embarrassed by His attention; I blush. When I search my heart and review my deeds there is nothing that should trigger God’s goodness and much that should bring a reproach. Why, then, does God do such things?

          God is a God of Grace! Grace is that quality that enables Him to bless those who are unworthy. Good is given when wrath is deserved. Kindness is extended when anger is warranted. Tenderness is present when punishment has been earned. God blesses because of grace!

                God is a God of Hope! His hope is that we will perceive His goodness and turn from our wickedness. “Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Rom 2:4


Ps 116:12-14
12 What shall I render unto the Lord  for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord .
14 I will pay my vows unto the Lord  now in the presence of all his people.


It’s strange that God’s blessings immediately cause me to review my behavior and condemn myself! Perhaps that is one of God’s purposes. I have more than I need. I have been given much more than I deserve.


Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul and blessing me with so much that I’m embarrassed. I blush at your bountiful goodness to me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment