Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

THE HEART OF THE KING!


THE HEART OF THE KING!


Prov 21:1
21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

Neh 1:11
11 O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. For I was the king's cupbearer.

Neh 2:4
4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.

Neh 2:5
5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.

Neh 2:8
And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.


          Nehemiah was the king’s cupbearer, a close yet lowly position granted to him by his captor king. His life was literally in the hands of this king. When he heard about the sorry estate of his homeland it changed his usually happy face to one of sorrow. The king noticed.

          Prayer was the only tool available to Nehemiah. He was a captive of circumstance and if that circumstance were to change God would have to intervene. When the king challenged him regarding his sad appearance Nehemiah told him about his concerns and his desires to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. He boldly asked for time off from his job and building materials from the king’s forests. The king gave him all he asked for.

          Today some of you may be standing before some authority figure that holds your future in his hands. Do what Nehemiah did and pray. Then boldly ask for what you need. You may discover that God is controlling the heart of the one who controls your future.


Dear Lord, I pray for those whose lives are in the grasp of others’ hands. Please take control of those who are in control. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment