Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

LOOK UP!


LOOK UP!


Luke 21:25-28
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

James 5:7-8
7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.


          Yesterday was a “look up” kind of day. I attended a meeting to learn about the dangers of globalization produced by the various free trade agreements eagerly entered into by our government. I heard of the woes which will be caused by circumnavigating our nation’s constitution. I learned what I already knew, that these member countries are printing their own money and developing new constitutions that nullify those of the individual nations.

          If the fear of a behemoth one-world government were not enough, a prominent news channel warned of the decline of our culture. This they did by pointing out the “bullying” that goes on within the National Football League. For some reason I find it hard to be sympathetic to a bullying victim who is six foot five and weighs in at almost four hundred pounds! But I suppose those huge bodies might contain a tender soul.

          This morning I learn from a Wall Street Journal report that twelve senators are fearful they will lose their seats in the next election because they voted for what is called The Affordable Care Act. This one new law has plunged thousands of families into chaos as they have lost their health insurance coverage.

          Yes sir and yes ma’am, things are bad. Things are very bad and getting worse with every heart beat. Praise the Lord! Things are terrible! It’s happening just as the Bible said it would. It’s time to look up!

          Now, I’m already redeemed; bought by the blood of the Lamb, but it seems my ultimate and final redemption is still ahead. The Greek word used for “redemption” in Luke 21:28 is apolutrosis which means “ransom in full; riddance.” Wow! That word “riddance” speaks to my heart. The world will soon be rid of me and I will soon be rid of the world. Look up people!

Dear Lord, I know that before my ultimate redemption the world will get worse and worse. Let me look up in eager anticipation of my riddance from the world. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment