Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

THE SPIRIT WITHIN ME

 

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

 

THE SPIRIT WITHIN ME

 

Isa 26:9

9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

 

Rom 7:22

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

 

          Man’s spirit or soul is that spiritual essence that makes us who we are. The soul contains and maintains our identities, our personalities, and our memories. The Bible says that the soul survives physical death and doctors have not found adequate ways to deny it. Deep down, we know we will go on living.

 

          It is the inward man that relates to God either positively or negatively. The soul is either on friendly or unfriendly terms with Him. Even in rebellion, the soul knows that God is the lifeline of the soul.

 

          Unbelieving man feels a void in his soul. He may fill it with noise, light, and sensual things but these never sink down into the soul. Like a withering plant, the soul thirsts for God.

 

          My morning meditations acknowledges my soul and focuses on its condition. I think deeply and search what is in my soul. Is there fear there? Do I harbor grudges for unresolved conflict? Is there any joy to be found for good things not lost or stolen? When I have learned what is in my soul then I can rightly talk to God. Even when I cannot know myself, I can turn to the One who knows me intimately. When I cannot pray words, I can pray groans. He always hears.

 

Dear Lord, quiet my soul. Let me stop struggling and relax in your arms. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment