Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

THE LEGACY

 

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

 

THE LEGACY

 

John 14:2-3

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

Acts 20:25

25 And now, behold, I [Paul] know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

 

          We took a trip about a month ago to visit my brother-in-law. Yesterday he passed away due to a major stroke. The last time we saw him, he was in a jolly mood. Alzheimer’s had taken away some of his memory so he kept a small notebook in his shirt pocket and a red pen so that he could write down important stuff worth remembering. That is how we will remember him.

 

          We seldom get a warning that our goodbye might be the last one. Now our minds try to recreate the smile and the silver hair. We want it carved upon our minds to treasure over and over.

 

          The legacy of a life lived for Jesus can hardly be counted. There will always be something of importance left out of the story. Perhaps we should write it down.

 

Job 16:18

19 Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.

 

Dear Lord, let us be careful with our relationships. Let each parting be a memorable one. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment