Pages

Friday, July 14, 2023

IT SHALL ACCOMPLISH

 

Friday, July 14, 2023

 

IT SHALL ACCOMPLISH

 

Isa 55:11-12

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

 

          I remember sitting in the front yard in the cool of the evening talking with my mother. I would tell her that I didn’t think I would succeed in life. She disagreed. I would tell her that I didn’t see how I could ever find a wife. I was ugly and undesirable. She disagreed.

 

          One year later I was enrolled in seminary. The next year I was married. Two years after that I was a father. This year my wife and I will celebrate our fifty-fifth wedding anniversary. The memories could fill a book, and probably should.

 

So put your hope in God alone.

Take courage in His power to save.

Completely and forever won,

By Christ emerging from the grave.

 

Precious Father, I could never imagine on those cool Ohio evenings what I now remember in today’s Texas heat. Only God could orchestrate the path I’ve trod and the events I’ve experienced. Oh, the places I’ve seen. Thank you, Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment