Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I LOVE YOU AND IT’S GOING TO BE OKAY!

 

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 

I LOVE YOU AND IT’S GOING TO BE OKAY!

 

Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

 

Prov 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

 

           I, an unbeliever in all the COVID hype and political slight of hand, have COVID. In fact, our whole household is infected. It is almost as bad as the flu but certainly not as bad as having both type A and type B flu. Yes, I’ve done that last year. After the ten-day house arrest we should be fine.

 

           I looked over at my wife a few minutes ago and said: “I love you, and it’s going to be okay!” I’m not sure if that was meant for her as much as I needed to hear it myself. Then it occurred to me that everybody needs that same message.

 

           This is the good news from God! “I love you, and it’s going to be okay!” This has been a horrible year by any measure and yet we press on. I take great consolation in Jeremiah 31:3 because of the quality and nature of God’s love. It is an everlasting love and infinitely beneficial in its intent and result. All God’s actions toward me are motivated by that love and even the hard things He allows is meant for my good.

 

           I have only one duty! That is to trust Him with all my heart and follow his leading even when it contradicts my own understanding. If I do that, He will bring to pass good things for me. He loves me and it’s going to be okay!

 

Dear Lord encourage the hearts of Thy people today. AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment